Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Proverbs 31:30

This verse spoke to me so much that I had the book, chapter and verse inscribed via a tattoo on the inside of my left wrist. It was done in flesh colored ink, so its barely visible, even when I point it out to people. But I know its there. And since I had it done for no one but myself, that's all that matters. And all I have to do is look down to be reminded of what's important in life.

"Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised."

Why this verse speaks to me -- it tells me that charm and beauty aren't important. Loving God is. I think this is a truth that all women need to hold close to their hearts. While I do like to dress up and look pretty, I know its all surface gloss. What really matters is on the inside. What really matters is my love and fear of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment