Wednesday, December 1, 2010

God's Plans -- Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. "

Jeremiah 29:11

This verse has sort of followed me for a little while. It was in a book I read -- I confess that I have a love of Love Inspired novels -- and in literature from an adoption agency when I was researching the possibility of adoption (which I'd still like to do someday) and in my daily devotional email that I receive from Proverbs 31 Ministries.

This verse comforts me. God has plans for me. I wish I knew what those plans were and sometimes not knowing drives me crazy, but He has plans.

One of the hardest things about being a Christian and one of the things I struggle with on a daily basis is giving everything to God and trusting that He has plans for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment