Monday, January 10, 2011

After sermon thoughts

The sermon yesterday morning was about how God loves us no matter what. And the pastor kept touching on the subject of how we feel unworthy of God's love.

I've never felt that way.

Honestly, there has never been a question in my mind that God loves me, flaws and all, and that Jesus died for my sins. (Even though I don't know if I personally believe in Jesus' divinity, I do believe that he was at least a messenger from God who died for me). Maybe I'm weird because I feel this way, considering how much the pastor emphasized the idea of not feeling worthy yesterday morning. He even talked about how the French have a saying that translates to "God's love is folly". And he talked about how people throughout the centuries have called God's love for his people 'crazy'. I don't see it that way at all. I just accept that God loves everyone, even the people that I may not think are worthy of it (like criminals).

Pastor: God loves you.
Me: Yes, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment