Monday, January 24, 2011

Favorite Bible Stories 1 - Joseph

I really love the story of Joseph. I watched one of the cinematic versions on TV last night and I always want to cry when he tells his brothers that he's Joseph and that he has forgiven him and then when he sees his father...*sniff*

I just think its a beautiful story, as well as one with many layers. You see the guilt the brothers have, their need for punishment. And I personally get annoyed with Jacob. If he hadn't played favorites, nothing would have happened. But then again, its kind of hard not to play favorites when you're tricked into marrying one woman when you love another.

I never quite understood how the Jews go from being honored in Egypt, with Joseph in such a high position to being slaves when Exodus comes around.

No comments:

Post a Comment