Saturday, February 19, 2011

How I End a Freak Out

So last night I started freaking out over a variety of things (mainly money) and when I hit the point of tears, I went to bed. By the way, most of my freak outs like this are primarily caused by tiredness, so going to bed was the best option. So I turn out my light, curl up and wrap my hand around the cross I'd chosen to wear yesterday. I collect crosses and frequently just grab one on my way out the door.

As I lay there, the phrase "God never gives you more than you can handle" entered my mind. I started repeating that to myself over and over. Then Jeremiah 19:11 popped into my head again, about God's plans. And then a song - You Never Let Go by Matt Redman (which I had heard on the radio yesterday) popped into my head. The chorus starts "Oh no You never let go through the calm and through the storm." and that line joined the repeat in my head. I started reciting the 23rd Psalm to myself - "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want."

And with all this in my head, I drifted off to peaceful sleep. And this morning, even though my worries are still there, I'm not so freaked out about them. As hard as it is, I just need to focus on the fact that He has plans for me and that He is with me always. And that no matter what happens, He will not give me more than He knows I can handle.

Its kind of nice to think that God knows you're capable even if you don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment