Thursday, June 14, 2012

Reading the Bible in a Year Post #1

I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but a month or two back, I was looking into reading the Bible in a year following a plan available online. When my mom found out, she decided she wanted to read with me. We decided on one of the plans that goes along chronologically. And I incorporated the Apocrypha volume that I own as well as the gnostic gospels that I also own where I could work them in. It'll take us more than a year to get through everything, but Mama and I are fine with that.

So far we've read Genesis, Job (took a break from Genesis to read), Exodus, Leviticus and we just started Numbers. Surprisingly, Leviticus which I was expecting to hate, is probably my favorite so far. Job took some getting used to, but I eventually grew to like the poetry. I found Exodus to be boring and repetitive. Numbers is not impressing either of us, Mama and I both find it boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment