Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Bible Verses

Time for another post full of random verses that I keep marking in my emails but not posting.

I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.

John 10:9-10 (NASB) 

Because this is where I am in life, waiting for the Lord:

Yet those who wait for the Lord
Will gain new strength;
They will mount up with wings like eagles,
They will run and not get tired,
They will walk and not become weary.

Isaiah 40:31 (NASB)

 
It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery.

Galatians 5:1 (NASB)

This one probably falls into that whole God's plans / don't worry category:

Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.

Philippians 4:11-13 (NASB) 

More God's plans!

For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

Ephesians 2:10 (NASB)

Although, I think I like the NLT version better: For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.

The mind of man plans his way,
But the Lord directs his steps.

Proverbs 16:9 (NASB)

I usually post the NASB version because that's the bible I have and read, but this verse is definitely better in the NLT:

Lord, you alone are my inheritance, my cup of blessing.
    You guard all that is mine. 
The land you have given me is a pleasant land.
    What a wonderful inheritance!

Psalm 15:5-6 (NLT)

And He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.

2 Corinthians 12:9 (NASB)

This one reminds me of the bumper sticker I have on my back window which says "He died for me, so I live for him" (or something to that effect):
 
I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.

Galatians 2:20 (NASB) 

Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
For consider Him who has endured such hostility by sinners against Himself, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

Hebrews 12:1-3 (NASB)

The greatest commandment is "Fear Not", it appears in the Bible more than anything else:
 
Jesus responded, “Why are you afraid? You have so little faith!” Then he got up and rebuked the wind and waves, and suddenly there was a great calm.

Matthew 8:26 (NLT) 

Make thankfulness your sacrifice to God,
    and keep the vows you made to the Most High.

Psalm 50:14 (NLT)

Cast your burden upon the Lord and He will sustain you;
He will never allow the righteous to be shaken. 
 

Psalm 55:22 (NASB)

“And the Lord will continually guide you,
And satisfy your desire in scorched places,
And give strength to your bones;
And you will be like a watered garden,
And like a spring of water whose waters do not fail. 

Isaiah 58:11 (NASB) 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment