Monday, July 29, 2013

Depending on God

In my email this morning, was a message from my dear friend Anne (the leader of my Bible study group). She pointed me towards Proverbs 31 Ministries devotional from July 26th. I'm assuming because she knows that I was having a bad week last week (a fact which looks to be continuing this week so far). 

The verse that day was:

And He said, “Come!” And Peter got out of the boat, and walked on the water and came toward Jesus.
 But seeing the wind, he became frightened, and beginning to sink, he cried out, “Lord, save me!”

                                Matthew 14:29-30 (NASB)

and the devotional was about not losing our focus on God and leaning on Jesus instead of worrying about everything. Something that I try to do, but looking back on last week and its troubles, I don't think I was doing that. So this morning, I'm taking a deep breath and putting all my troubles (work computer is still broken and our mail delivery is screwy) on God.

And here's the devotional post if you'd like to read it for yourself. It was also amusing to me that if you follow the link to the writer's personal blog, she has a post about how to take God on vacation with you, and I have vacation coming up next week. The Lord certainly knows how to get us to listen sometimes, doesn't He? 

No comments:

Post a Comment