Monday, July 1, 2013

What I'm Reading Now --

A little update on what I'm reading:

  1. We are almost DONE with the New Testament. Two little chapters of Revelation remain!
  2. Next up is the Gnostic Gospels and then the Gospel of Judas. Mom needs to acquire a copy of the version I already own. And I need to make a reading schedule for us.
  3. In bible study, we are doing a study of Nehemiah right now by Kelly Minter. It's a lot more work than our usual reading, but I'm loving that its an actual bible study and not just a Christian living book.
  4. My personal God reading right now is a book on missions, Let the Nations Be Glad!: The Supremacy of God in Missions by John Piper. Its really good, its just rather heavy. And so a little hard to get through. After that, I have two more mission books lined up: The Missionary Call: Find Your Place in God's Plan for the World by M David Sills and Mosaic by Patrick Nachtigall who is the regional coordinator of the CHOG missions in Europe / Middle East. I think Mosaic is going to be next, I'm hoping it may be a little easier of a read than my current choice.
  5. And I have a new devotional that I'm working through, Voices of the Faithful: Inspiring Stories of Courage from Christians Serving Around the World by Beth Moore.
  6. Almost forgot - I also have a printed out PDF copy of Tullian Tchividjian's new book Glorious Ruin that I downloaded when someone was offering it for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment