Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Christmas: John 1

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God....And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 1:1, 14 (NASB)

You have to understand, I love Christmas. And when I say 'love', I mean it. It is my favorite time of year. I love the music. I love the decorations. I love the religious meaning. I. Love. Christmas. (its also the only time of year I get presents because my birthday's the 21st so I'm sure that's also a factor)

On a normal year, I start decorating on Nov 1 because once Halloween is over, it is Christmas time in my world. My record is five trees in a one bedroom apartment (none full size but still).

This year's been different. I just moved. I'm not sure if the move was a good idea. I've been feeling depressed, trying to figure out what to do with my life, I also have little free time and so the Christmas nazi (nickname based on a tv show) has yet to really make an appearance.

So this verse this morning was just what I needed. And now I have a song from an old Christmas children's play in my head that was based on this verse.

No comments:

Post a Comment