Monday, November 7, 2011

Philippians 2:12-13

Although I rarely look to Paul's writing for inspiration (I should really post about what I view as my own religious texts one of these days, because I have an interesting concept to say the least), today's daily devotional (which was only verse 13 by the way) struck a cord.

So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now
much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God
who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure.

Philippians 2: 12-13

And since it's November, a few things I am thankful for: My friend Katie who is one of the few friends I can say "And then God told me..." to who won't think I'm weird or crazy. My friend Bobbie who is always there for me and who has no qualms about setting me straight when I'm being stupid. She also feeds me pretty frequently. My boyfriend who does his best to take care of me even when I don't won't him to and who loves me to the best of his ability. And probably more than anything else, my family who is always there for me, no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment