Friday, October 26, 2012

Reading the Bible in a Year Post #2

Well, as you can expect, Mom and I have read A LOT since June.

We finished Numbers, and have read Deuteronomy, Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1 and 2 Samuel, 1 Chronicles, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon, 1 Kings, Obadiah, and Jonah. We've also read parts of Psalms and are currently in 2 Kings and 2 Chronicles. So out of the thirty nine books of the Old Testament we have read eighteen and are currently reading three others. That puts us about halfway finished with the Old Testament.

Our chronological reading plan has us jumping around a lot. I think I have like four different bookmarks in my Bible right now.
  
It was decided to wait to read the Apocrypha because my mother hasn't gotten the book yet. I'm going to get it for her for Christmas. So after that, we'll have to make a reading schedule for the Apocrypha on its own. I'll probably be reading some of it, because there are sections that are parts of OT books, like the extended versions of Esther and Daniel. She'll just have to catch up if we read those before Christmas.

So far, Proverbs was probably my favorite. But I already knew loved that book, its always been a favorite. Psalms has been harder than expected to get through, it helps if I read it aloud. Joshua was more boring than I thought it would be, so that was a bit of a disappointment, as was Jonah. I was all excited to read about the fish / whale and all that happened was "Jonah was swallowed by a fish. Jonah prayed. The fish spit him out." I was expecting a little more excitement.

Tonight, we start reading Isaiah.

No comments:

Post a Comment