Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Global Gathering Reaction

I have to say that I think my time at the Global Gathering was the best four days that I have had in a really long time. I attended TEN worship services in four days (we skipped yesterday morning's service or it would have been eleven) and worshiped God by singing in multiple languages with CHOG members from over 60 countries. We took communion as a global church, commissioned missionaries and had an annointing for healing or other problems. The French-English bilingual service was especially awesome. The music was amazing every single day. The sermons were so inspiring that I don't even think I can pick a favorite! I also attended Brother Neville Tan's session on evangelism and discipleship, which was particularly interesting. And I went to the newly opened Interpretive Center and took a little walking tour around campus (it was held on the Anderson University grounds) to explore the history of the Church of God Reformation movement. I made some connections regarding going on mission trips (right now Paraguay is the front runner!), picked up a bunch of brochures and spoke to a few people about job opportunities because I've decided that I want to work for the church. God can use me somewhere! And my mom bought me a book by Patrick Nachtigall, the regional coordinator for CHOG missions work in Europe / Middle East. Can't wait to read it!

Videos off all the services and plenary sessions are available online. Please go watch the video from June 25's afternoon service, starting around minute 44. A boy got up and gave a better sermon than I think any preacher I've seen ever has! And it was MEMORIZED!

Highlights of the music: Singing heritage hymns. Singing the official worship song of the event. If You can use anything Lord You can use me If You can use anything Lord You can use me Take my hands, Lord And my feet Touch my heart, Lord And speak through me If You can use anything Lord You can use me. And they'll know we are Christians by our love. That was a fun one to sing.

The Isaiah passage that states "Here I am, Lord, send me!" was also very inspirational.


No comments:

Post a Comment